About UITP Europe
In the European Union, UITP brings together more than 400 urban, suburban and regional public transport operators and authorities from all member states and interacts with the European institutions and other organisations.
It represents the perspective of short distance passenger transport services by all modes: bus, regional and suburban rail, metro, light rail and tram and waterborne.
These services are often organised in integrated public transport networks covering metropolitan areas and other specific territories.
- Create the framework for attractive and efficient public transport.
- Achieve coherent public transport-friendly legislation, which is sustainable, affordable and practical in all aspects.
- Improve voluntary technical harmonisation through European research, innovation and standardisation.
- Double the public transport market share.
- Create a level playing field with individual motorised transport modes.
What we do
- Inspire excellence and innovation by sharing cutting-edge knowledge and expertise with our members.
- Assist and advise members and EU decision-makers concerning all aspects of European policies relating to the public transport sector.
- Monitor legislation and provide members with information regarding EU policy developments which could have an impact on their activities.
- Influence policies and legislation by issuing position papers on questions and issues which are of importance for the sector.
- Represent the common interests of our members towards the European institutions.
- Support and monitor European standardisation activities, for example for urban rail.
- Maintain a constructive dialogue with our partners.
- Develop and enhance innovative transport solutions in line with sector priorities through European Research Projects.
- Uphold a regular dialogue with the European workers representation (ETF) within the European sectoral Social Dialogue on urban public transport.
- Organise dissemination and networking events, conferences and meetings all across Europe.
- UITP Seminar - Smart Mobility 2020: Innovative and Sustainable Urban Transport in Europe, 22-23 November 2017, Tallinn, Estonia
- UITP Conference - Autonomous vehicles: what impact on European cities? - 25 January 2018 - Brussels, Belgium
- International Conference and Exhibition - IT-TRANS - Intelligent Urban Transport Systems - 6 March 2018 to 8 March 2018 - Karlsruhe, Germany