Security threats in public transport range from pick-pocketing to assault to terrorism. Protecting passengers, staff and transport assets is more and more challenging.
This training programme instructs participants on how to organize security in their networks, from risk analysis to implementing measures, investing in technology and responding to incidents.
- Basics of Public Transport Security
- Operational Security Concept
- Risk Assessment : role & introduction to methodology
- Security Technology and surveillance
- Partnerships & relationships
- Case Studies & group work
- Security managers
- Operational staff actively engaged in security management
- Top and middle management considering how to incorporate security aspects into the organisation
- Participants must have a very good command of English. All material will be provided and presented in English.
- Interactive labs (group work) to share experience with fellow participants
- Instruction from experts
- Best practice examples and first-hand insight into the security concept of the local host
UITP experts with extensive experience and knowledge of public transport security
Former participants recommend this programme
All participants of the security training programme from its inception in 2010 would recommend the programme to colleagues!
"Overall the programme was excellent: the dialogue with all parties was great, the working sessions made us look at and then rethink our actions. This will be immediately effective for our current initiatives."Joseph Christen, Vice President – Deputy Program Executive – Security, Quality and Safety, MTA New York City Transit
“I feel a lot more educated in security issues now and know where I can get more information if I need it.” Participant, 2014
“I learned a lot! Guidance of the group throughout the case studies and event scenarios was great.” Participant, 2011
NB: UITP reserves the right to make amendments to the programme or any related activity.
*22% VAT excluded
*Participants from developing countries can benefit from a 30% discount. Check here for the list of eligible countries.
Participation fees include:
- Training Instruction
- Meals and coffee breaks as mentioned in the programme
- A networking reception
- All training documents: UITP training supporting material (before the training); Binder including all presentations and a glossary of public transport terms (on the spot); Access to all training material via UITP's electronic library Mobi+ (after the training)
Limited to 20 participants to maximise the learning experience and interaction during the programme. Places allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tel: +32 2 433 31 54
Tel: +32 2 663 66 58
ATAC is kindly hosting this training programme.
AZIENDA PER I TRASPORTI AUTOFERROTRANVIARI DEL COMUNE DI ROMA (ATAC)
Via Prenestina 45
IT - 00176 ROMA
More information regarding the meeting venue will be communicated in due time.