Deadline to apply:
UITP (International Association of Public Transport) is a passionate champion of sustainable urban mobility and is the only worldwide network to bring together all public transport stakeholders and all sustainable transport modes. We have more than 1,700 member companies coming from 100 countries. Our members are public transport authorities and operators, policy decision-makers, research institutes and the public transport supply and service industry.
We are currently looking for a:
(Junior) Training Manager
Position based in Turkey/Istanbul
Part of the Training Unit, the person will be in charge of identifying the needs of our members in terms of training, organizing them and delivering UITP Academy’s trainings.
- Identifies the needs for customized training programmes in order to meet requirements of the clients/members
- Involve in business development activities for customized training programmes
- Negotiations of Contracts and Contract Management for Training and Training Centre Contracts
- Work with Head of Training Unit and internal/external experts to adapt the current programs of Training portfolio to the needs of clients
- Selection of Trainers from UITP Database for courses and actively look for potential trainers
- Leads the implementation and delivery of courses in necessary on site
- Attends a majorly of courses on site
- Moderate the training programme on the spot if needed
- Methodology & knowledge management: coordination with experts, developments of workshops, support to PPT developments, trainer development etc.
- Portfolio Project management: planning, budget, procedures, resources etc.
- Quality control: content & organization
- Supervises & operates of Logistics
- Acts trainer on certain topics that he/she develops competency
- Acts as moderator for all topics
- Supports & operates the in-house courses
- Supports to marketing & sales of the training programmes
- Be in charge of the project management from A to Z: defining the needs, writing the proposals/programs, negotiating with clients, venues and with internal or external trainers, taking care of the implementation and follow up of the sessions
- Develops joint training programmes with International Organisations (a.o World Bank, UN Agencies, etc.) Prepare proposals & being in charge of answering to tenders
- Supports the open calendar programmes and work together with project managers from regional offices
- Involve into Peer Review and other business related services of UITP when needed
- Fulfills his/her responsibilities and tasks according to the RISE values of UITP.
- University degree
- Strong interest for the sector
- Being able to be trainer and to deliver public speeches
- Experience of Contract Management, Negotiations, Budgeting, Financial and KPI management
- Strong understanding of needs of emerging countries
- Organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent written and spoken English, other languages are an asset
- Good relational competences (sense of listening, empathy, ability to lead group discussion, team work, diplomacy
- Service oriented Capability to work both in team but also autonomously with limited set of inputs
- IT literate
- Sense of initiative, problems solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Integrity and professionalism
UITP offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic and international environment and contacts with its members worldwide.
Deadline for application: 21/02/2020
Contract under Consultant Status
Starting date: Early 2020