- Brussels - Belgium
Deadline to apply:
UITP (International Association of Public Transport) is a passionate champion of sustainable urban mobility and is the only worldwide network to bring together all public transport stakeholders and all sustainable transport modes. We have more than 1,700 member companies coming from 100 countries. Our members are public transport authorities and operators, policy decision-makers, research institutes and the public transport supply and service industry.
We are currently looking for a:
Project Administrative and Financial Officer
The Project Financial Officer will be responsible for implementing the financial monitoring and reporting of the EU grants under the supervision of the relevant Project Managers.
This includes, in particular, the financial and administrative tasks of collaborative innovation projects funded by the European Commission.
The administrative and financial activities will be carried out in compliance with the general conditions and provision set forth within the Grant Agreement and the H2020/Horizon Europe guidelines for the successful implementation of the project.
He/She will work supervised by K&I Project Managers and in close collaboration with the UITP finance and administration department. She/He will liaise with project parties in line with the role of UITP in the project, being coordinator or partner.
For projects led by UITP, He/She will ensure a continuous support to partners acting as “Help Desk”, monitoring the status of the partners and support on demand any administrative request in order to anticipate critical issues and mitigate any type of risk related to the management of the project’s partners.
- Financial monitoring and reporting of the grants, ensuring compliance with the EU funded projects eligibility rules;
- Carry out the entire project and organisation accounting;
- Report to the relevant Consortium Bodies on the administrative and financial aspects of the project;
- Supervise legal and contractual documents for the EC and Contractors, including contracts, consortium agreement, contract amendments, with the approval of the K&I Senior Director and the relative Project Manager;
- Plan and prepare the administrative reports: periodic and final reports, cost statements, EC Project reviews according to the defined workplan;
- Supply data information for the running and finalised grants, when required by the UITP K&I Senior Director, Deputy Director or ADM;
- Liaise with the project participants regarding their project administration, in particular for projects coordinated by UITP;
- Provide support during audit visits in relation to the projects’ implementation or reporting.
- Verify all financial aspects in the organisation of project meetings;
- Provide advice to the K&I Senior Director and Deputy Director for project contractual and financial aspects;
- Contribute to the preparation of the budget and project financial reports, ensuring all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met;
- Provide back-up and additional assistance to other members of the team and performing any other task related to the area of competence.
- Support the Project Managers on legal and ethical aspects: Ethics, GDPR, etc.
- Fulfil his/her mission according to the internal culture based on RISE values (Respect, Innovation, Sharing, Expertise), the code of conduct, and on the principles of caring management. In team or project management, this implies providing the colleagues employees with guidance, leadership and support, ensuring their development and well-being, while being responsible for enforcing corporate policies and procedures standards;
- University degree of minimum 3 years in accounting, economics, finance or business administration or a similar field;
- At least 3 years’ experience in projects accounting;
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting softwares and MS Office - Excel;
- Proven experience working in an international context and liaising with stakeholders from different EU countries;
- Working experience in H2020 financial project management together with strong and in-depth knowledge and experience of H2020 funding and financing rules;
- Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts and procurements;
- A team player, accountable and able to work autonomously;
- Analytical mind with aptitude dealing with figures and contract;
- Well-organized, efficient and reliable;
- Able to manage time and prioritize tasks, within tight time constraints;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Proactive and accurate, creative, initiative taker;
- Stress resistant;
- Reliable and self-confident;
- Having an international background is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Flexible and service minded, able to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- A problem-solver, enthusiastic and positive.
UITP offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic and international environment and contacts with its members worldwide.
Deadline for application: 10/02/2020
Starting date: Early 2020