- Brussels- Belgium
Deadline to apply:
UITP (International Association of Public Transport) is a passionate champion of sustainable urban mobility and is the only worldwide network to bring together all public transport stakeholders and all sustainable transport modes. We have 1,500 member companies giving access to over 14,000 contacts from 97 countries. Our members are public transport authorities and operators, policy decision-makers, research institutes and the public transport supply and service industry. UITP’s head office is located in Brussels and the association operates across 15 regional and liaison offices around the world. We are currently looking for a:
Trainee (m/f) – Research & Innovation Department
Working under the supervision of our Project Manager and within the R&I Department, the pro-active and highly motivated trainee will actively support our activities in the field of the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), in particular related to Mobility as a Service and Automated Road Transport, such as the preparation of the project documentation (reports, articles, etc..), the preparation of project’s workshops, project management assistance, etc….
We are looking for a dynamic person, with excellent written and spoken English, ideally with a computer science or engineering degree and a very good knowledge of all IT tools, fast and with “hands-on” approach.
Skills & qualifications
• University degree preferably in computer science or engineering
• Ability to carry out and edit reports and synthesise key information
• A good understanding /or deep interest of EU policy-making and the European institutions, particularly on transport and energy matters
• Fluency in English is a must; other languages are an asset
• Innovativeness and ability to bring outside-the-box and fresh insights into our research and innovation work
• Pro-active and reliable with good organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
We offer a real opportunity to develop skills in the field of Intelligent Transport Systems/ICT applied to public transport domain and to contribute to the output of our team by continuously learning and exchanging experience with our members and top experts from all over the world.
Contract is under a 'contrat d’immersion professionnelle'– a legal monthly indemnity is foreseen. The duration of the internship is 6 months. Work is full-time and based in Brussels.
Starting date: Early 2018
We invite you to apply directly via our website: http://www.uitp.org/uitp-jobs