The July issue of our EU-Express newsletter is out!
This monthly newsletter covers public transport news and updates from a European perspective. You will find below the contents of this fifth edition.
NEWS FROM UITP
- New EU public transport statistics publication from UITP
- What future for Mobility? Cities air their expectations of operators, policy-makers at joint Paris conference
- UITP Head of Policy interviewed by RFI at Moving Together 2014
- Launch of Smart Ticketing Alliance to facilitate worldwide interoperable ticketing
- EU Public Transport in key figures
- New website online for UITP World Congress & Exhibition
NEWS FROM OUR MEMBERS
- London : cash-free bus travel will save £130 million
- Le transport public urbain français : un des moins chers d’Europe
- EEG-Umlage: Besondere Ausgleichsregelung für Schienenbahnen ist NICHT Gegenstand des Beihilfeprüfverfahrens der Europäischen Kommission
NEWS FROM THE EU INSTITUTIONS
- Composition of the new TRAN committee adopted
- Eurobarometer report highlights Europeans' satisfaction with public transport
- EU Commission presents interpretative guidelines concerning Regulation 1370/2007
- EU pushes for better multimodal travel planning solutions
- EU Commission adopts new rules to support important projects of common European interest
- New report on the progress towards the European Rail Market
- New EU Commission Communication on transparency of state aid
- Clean Urban Transport for Slovakia's capital supported by EU regional funds
- EU Council reaches political agreement on technical pillar of 4th railway package
- EU Council officially adopts SHIFT²RAIL Regulation
- New OECD study on the health impacts of road transport
- New World Bank study adds up the benefits of climate-smart development in lives, jobs, and GDP
To read the newsletter, click here.
You will soon be able to subscribe to our newsletters via MyUITP. In the meantime, please send an email to europe(at)uitp.org in order to be added to the mailing list.