It is with deep sorrow that we announce the sudden passing of our dear colleague Laurent Dauby.
Laurent studied Political Sciences. He joined UITP in 1996 as assistant in the Programmes and Studies Department, during these past 23 years, he held the following positions and roles in UITP :
• Manager of the Regional Transport, Suburban Rail, Metro, Light Rail, Vehicles and Heavy Equipment Industry and Waterborne Committees
• Director of Knowledge and Membership Services Department from 2008 to 2013
• Director of Rail in the Knowledge and Innovation Department (former Knowledge and Membership Department) since 2013
• Designer and Leader of Urban Rail Training Programmes
• Senior Expert and Manager of several EU-funded projects
Laurent had notably been involved in UITP Executive and Policy Boards and PresCom for many years.
Laurent was a kind, genuine and generous person. He was passionate about public transport, as well as one of its most committed advocates.
He will be remembered in the sector as one of the best and most knowledgeable experts UITP has ever had. In our Association, Laurent will be remembered by his colleagues and members for his professionalism, work ethic and for his charming character which left a warm impression on all those he encountered.
Any expressions, questions or comments can be sent to the following address: email@example.com
The UITP team’s thoughts are with his family and friends.