Enhancing Smart Mobility
OPTICITIES aimed to develop and test interoperable ITS solutions in six different cities in order to provide urban citizens with the best possible journey conditions and to optimize urban logistics operations. It gathered together service providers, the car industry, research laboratories and major European public transport networks in order to pave the way towards smart urban mobility.
Thus OPTICITIES developped a vision of optimised urban mobility at the focal point of user needs, urban mobility public policy, and business models of service providers. The project adopted a collaborative approach between public and private stakeholders. In this vision European cities consolidated all mobility data available at local level and provided it to service operators through a standardised gateway.
The key assets of this approach were:
- A geographical and modal urban mobility data completeness thus reinforcing services’ quality
- Deploying truly multimodal services, supporting the diversity of services’ offer, sustaining high value services
- Ensuring coherency between user-oriented services and urban mobility public policies
- Duration: November 2013 – October 2016
- Budget: € 13 m (€ 9 m EU-funded)
- Coordinator: Le Grand Lyon
- Partners: 5T, ALGOE, BIRMINGHAM, CHALMERS, CITTA DI TORINO, CITYWAY, CNRS, CRTM, CSI PIEMONTE, ERTICO, EUROCITIES, GOTHENBURG, HACON, HELMUT BERENDS, ICCA, MADRID, NEUROSOFT, POLITECNICO DI TORINO, SPIE, UITP, UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA MADRID, VEDECOM, VOLVO, WROCLAW
More information: www.opticities.com
OPTICITIES on Twitter: @OPTICITIES
OPTICITIES on Facebook: OPTICITIES
OPTICITIES on LinkedIn: OPTICITIES - Enhancing Smart Mobility
Contact: Guido Di Pasquale
OPTICITIES is co-funded by the European Commission under the 7th Research and Technological Development Framework Programme, Research and Innovation Directorate General under Grant Agreement no 605727.