A Toolbox to assess, benchmark and improve urban transport interchanges
Interchanges play a key role in the integration of the urban mobility system and in enabling good intermodal solutions. Their efficiency and sustainability is therefore essential to achieve sustainable transport objectives in Europe. NODES built a Toolbox to allow practitioners to assess, benchmark and improve urban transport interchanges.
These tools were identified under five topics (which correspond to transport interchanges’ key functions):
- land use and infrastructure,
- intermodality and ICT,
- management and business models,
- energy and environment.
They were tested in nine European cities engaged in substantial development or upgrading activities, which provided a feedback loop for their improvement.
Read about the NODES results in the press:
- A toolbox to support transport interchange performance
- Station designers get a new toolbox
- Interchanges of the future
- Duration: October 2012 – September 2015
- Budget: € 4,2 m ( € 2,8 m EU-funded)
- Coordinator: UITP, International Association for Public Transport
- Partners: ATAC ROME, BERENDS CONSULT, BUDAPESTI KOZLEKEDESI KOZPONT, CENTRO, CITYWAY SAS, CONSORCIO TRANSPORTES MADRID, DELFT UNIVERSITY, DTV CONSULTANTS, EUROPEAN PASSENGER FEDERATION, FIT CONSULTING, NEDERLANDSE SPOORWEGEN, OSNABRUCK, READING BOROUGH COUNCIL, THESSALONIKI PUBLIC TRANSPORT AUTHORITY, TISSEO, POLIS
NODES is co-funded by the DG Mobility and Transport of the European Commission under the 7th Research and Technological Development Framework Programme under Grant Agreement n°314618.