SUMP PLUS: Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning: Pathways and Links to Urban Systems
‘SUMP-PLUS’ is a three-year project, designed to address urban mobility related challenges and to exploit new opportunities, by developing a strong, rigorous evidence base through a co-created City Laboratories approach (to be demonstrated in different EU cities) building on the strengths of the existing SUMPs and SULPs. SUMP-PLUS will develop and apply transition pathways towards more sustainable cities taking into account the need to establish stronger links with other urban system components. It has 4 primary policy objectives:
1. To develop and apply a set of context-specific mobility transformation pathways that will enable cities to map out a practical implementation pathway.
2. To demonstrate how cities can develop stronger links with other urban system components (education, health, retail, land use planning, etc.) - while taking into account disruptive technological and contextual developments - so that urban mobility and accessibility can be delivered more comprehensively, efficiently and effectively.
3. To identify new solutions that will increase efficiency and sustainability, in both the freight and passenger sectors.
4. To identify and demonstrate new partnerships and business models that enable various mobility objectives to be met cost-effectively through appropriate public/private sector partnerships
These objectives will be met and demonstrated through a programme of trials and comprehensive evaluation, in six co-created City Laboratories. This requires achieving 4 operational objectives: developing appropriate urban governance arrangements and advanced analytics; extensive stakeholder engagement and co-creation of outputs; producing enhanced SUMP-PLUS guidance matching the different needs and maximising impact through a targeted range of dissemination, capacity building, knowledge transfer and legacy exploitation activities.
- Duration: September 2019 - September 2022
- Budget: €4 million
- Coordinator: STAD ANTWERPEN
- Partners: MUNICIPALITY OF ALBA IULIA (ALBA IULIA), KLAIPEDA, COMUNE DI LUCCA, PLATANIAS CRETE, TfGM, Sciences Po, POLYTECHNEIO KRITIS (TECH UNIV CRETE), UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON (UCL), EUROPEAN INTEGRATED PROJECT (EIP), Austrian Mobility Research FGM - AMOR Gemeinnutzige GMBH (FGM-AMOR), MEMEX, SPACE SYNTAX, VECTOS, ICLEI EURO, UITP
More information: https://civitas.eu/
Contact: Yannick Bousse