- In English
UITP Academy is organising a series of webinars in the framework of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. They aim to assist public transport companies in tailoring their business continuity plans responding to the specific challenges of communicable diseases.
This webinar will discuss the role public transport can play in the changed urban mobility landscape, the challenges the lockdown has brought to the sector, and the ways to turn these challenges into new opportunities. It will address:
- The impact of the lockdown restrictions on urban mobility
- The role of public transport in normalisation period
- What stakeholders can do to ensure public transport comes out of this crisis stronger than before;
- Strategies to consolidate and re-build the economic and social foundation of public transport.
This 60 minutes webinar in English is free of charge and only available to UITP members. Non UITP-members will be able to access the recording of the webinar afterwards in MyLibrary.
Who are our speakers and moderator?
- Hanne Norli, Market Director, Norwegian Railway Directorate and Chair of Transport and Urban Life Committee, UITP
- Jarrett Walker, President and Principal Consultant, Jarrett Walker & Associates
Mohamed Mezghani, Secretary General, UITP
When will it take place?
Wednesday 20 May 2020 at 16.00 CEST (Brussels time)
How can I join the webinar?
Click here to register. A few days before the webinar takes place, you will receive an email with a link to connect to the webinar.
What software is used?
If you have never used GotoWebinar before, we advise you to check the compatibility with your IT system.
For any question on the webinar, please contact Rui Ribeiro (email@example.com)
UITP Academy can assist with an e-peer review on preparing for pandemics, managing the response, and developing integrated action plans for the public transport sector. See how it works and the topics we can offer here.
Please contact Emre Kiran, Head of Training, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.