We believe it is important to protect the privacy of our members and guests and be transparent with our practices.
We know that you care about how your personal information is collected, used, and shared and we want to help you make knowledgeable choices about the information you provide to us.
This Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") explains and summarizes how UITP collects, uses, and protects your information, including the personal information that you may provide to us or that we may collect from you as you interact with us.
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time, so please check back with us periodically.
UITP take into account the recommendations of the Belgian Association of Direct Marketing.
How do we receive your information?
We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly, normally via our website or our MyUITP, whether to apply for services or to make an enquiry or other request,
- from our network,
- Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
Using your information
We will use your information for a lot of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information and services for which you have requested,
- to help us identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration purposes,
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
- to help us promote the mobility
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- our members to share information if needed
We do not share your data with any third parties, with the exception of:
- when we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- when we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings,
- when we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you,
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in Belgium.
Informing you about our products and services
We may use your information to contact you with news on public transport, mobility or any linked topics which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We may contact you by post and phone and, if you give us your prior agreement to do so, by email, SMS and other electronic means.
The range of products and services offered by us include:
- Event, seminars, forums, conferences,
- News, publications,
- Mobility related products and services, including (amongst other things) finance, design, combined mobility, railways, buses….
You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us by ticking the appropriate box (if providing your information on this website) or at any time by writing to us at UITP, privacypolicy(at)uitp.org , please join a copy of your ID/Passport.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. For example, we may inform you that when providing your email address you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at the address above.
We try to keep our website secure. However we ask you to recognise that when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Providing information to us
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you.
You may contact us at the address above for these purposes.
Data transmissions over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. UITP uses secure server software (e.g.SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
Links to third-party websites and co-branded websites
Accesssing your personal information, otp-out, making changes or requesting info
You may restrict UITP's use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also request access to, correction of, or deletion of personal data for this purpose. For instructions on changing any of your privacy preferences, accessing your information, updating your information or for any privacy or data-protection-related question please write to privacypolicy(at)uitp.org for assistance.