MOMENTUM - Modelling Emerging Transport Solutions for Urban Mobility
Disruptive technologies, such as MaaS and CAVs, are bringing radical changes in urban mobility. The goal of MOMENTUM is to develop a set of new data analysis methods, transport models and planning support tools able to capture the impact of new transport options on urban mobility, in order to support cities in the task of designing the right policy mix to exploit the full potential of emerging mobility solutions.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Identify a set of plausible future scenarios for the next decade to be taken into account for mobility planning in European cities, considering the introduction of disruptive technologies such as CAVs.
- Characterise emerging activity-travel patterns, by profiting from the increasing availability of high-resolution spatio-temporal data collected from personal mobile devices and digital sensors.
- Develop data-driven predictive models of the adoption and use of new mobility concepts and transport solutions, in particular MaaS and shared mobility, and their interaction with public transport.
- Provide transport simulation and planning support tools able to cope with the new challenges faced by transport planning, by enhancing existing state-of-the-art tools with the new data analysis methods and travel demand models developed by the project.
- Demonstrate the potential of the newly developed methods and tools by testing the impact of a variety of policies and innovative transport services in different European cities with heterogeneous sizes and characteristics, namely Madrid, Thessaloniki, Leuven, and Regensburg, and evaluating the contribution of the proposed measures to the strategic policy goals of each city.
- Provide guidelines for the practical use of the methods, tools and lessons learnt delivered by the project in the elaboration and implementation of SUMPs and other planning instruments.
- Duration: May 2019 - May 2022
- Budget: €2.9 million
- Coordinator: EMT MADRID
- Partners: NOMMON, THESS, CERTH, Stad Leuven, TRANSPORT & MOBILITY LEUVEN NV (TML), STADT REGENSBURG, TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET MUENCHEN (TUM), AIMSUN SL (AIMSUN SL), POLIS, UNION INTERNATIONALE DES TRANSPORTS PUBLICS (UITP), UNIVERSIDAD DE LA IGLESIA DE DEUSTO ENTIDAD RELIGIOSA
- More information: website to be launched soon
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups/13733245/
- Twitter: @H2020_MOMENTUM
MOMENTUM is co-funded by the European Union under Horizon 2020, Research and Innovation Directorate General under Grant Agreement n° 815069.