With most metropolitan areas targeting zero-emission environments, an increasing number of cities and transport companies are considering a fully-electric solution for their urban bus network. In this context, the UITP Centre for Training designed a training programme on Electric Buses. The course offers a comprehensive overview of the electric solution for urban bus networks, from the setting of a city strategy, the choice of technology, the procurement of buses, all the way to the implementation and operation of the system.
In addition to our interactive plenary sessions, workshops will allow participants to apply their learnings in small groups.
- Introduce the electric solution, the different types of technologies and compare their benefits and drawbacks
- Understand how to get value from electric buses looking at their economic, environmental and societal feasibility
- Learn from experience on how to implement and run electric bus lines successfully
- Understand the implications for operations and infrastructure
- Learn about the implementation and running of electric buses
- Discuss the performance of an electric bus solution with a practical application during our dedicated workshop
- Project managers, engineers and other professionals eager to learn more about the technology, the implementation and the running of electric buses
- Staff from public transport or authorities planning to extend a fully-electric solution to the core part of the urban bus network
- Staff from the bus industry worldwide involved in the market uptake of electric buses
- Professionals interested in obtaining a wider and international perspective on electric buses and eager to learn more from international best practice
- Get inspired by our trainers, understand the main aspects of electric buses and learn from successful best practice
- Participate to interactive plenary sessions with introduction by course leaders, presentation by the trainer and open discussion with participants
- Challenge your practical knowledge on the technology, the implementation and the running of electric buses
- Address the topic from an international perspective, enriched by different cultural approaches and points of views
- Participate to workshops allowing you to apply on a concrete case the main principles and tools learned
- Benefit from a unique exchange of knowledge and experience between professionals
Our skilful trainers are composed of international experts and professionals with extensive experience and knowledge in the strategic, operational and technological areas of electric buses.
1-9 Registration: 1900 EUR per participant
Special Price for Group Registrations
- 10 Registrations: 1400 EUR per participant
- 11 Registrations: 1270 EUR per participant
- 12 Registrations: 1170 EUR per participant
- 13 Registrations: 1080 EUR per participant
- 14 Registrations: 1000 EUR per participant
- 15 Registrations: 935 EUR per participant
- 16 Registrations: 875 EUR per participant
- 17 Registrations: 825 EUR per participant
- 18 Registrations: 780 EUR per participant
- 19 Registrations: 740 EUR per participant
- 20 Registrations: 700 EUR per participant
The Training Capacity is limited to 20 people. Please contact with firstname.lastname@example.org for extra capacity.
Please note that this amount doesn't include:
- International and Intercity flights/Transportation
- Personal expenses of participants
This Training Programme is supported by:
GIZ through the FELICITY Project.
The European Investment Bank
The Federal Ministry for the Environment (BMU):