- Brussels - Belgium
Deadline to apply:
We are currently looking for an:
Urban Rail - Project Manager
In charge of the coordination and follow up of selected UITP Projects and activities about urban rail, including R&I Projects funded by European Union and other International Institutions.
• Coordination and follow-up of UITP activities in the field of Research and Innovation in the Urban Rail domain in strict liaison with UITP relevant experts and under the supervision of the Knowledge & Innovation Senior Director. Such activities include within the others:
o Contribute and support to the liaison between UITP and different bodies relative to the urban Rail R&I in Europe (like ERRAC)
o Contribute to the identification of the priorities for Urban Rail R&I priorities by interacting with UITP members from the different regions
o Be the main UITP point of contact for Urban Rail Research and Innovation aspects in particular vis-à-vis the UITP regional offices and members
o Contribute to the definition of the UITP R&I strategy for the aspects relative to Urban Rail
• Coordination of the UITP activities in Urban Rail R&I Projects, including
o Scientific and administrative monitoring of the fulfilment of the project commitments, ensuring quality of the outputs
o Support administrative management (cost statements, audit preparation, financial and activity reports, etc.) under supervision of the Senior Director of the K&I Department
o Production of high-quality deliverables and technical or administrative reports according to the project schedule and the contractual obligations
o Organisation, management and animation of round-tables, meetings and interviews. Collection of opinions, statements, suggestions and outputs to be included in reports
o Assessment and production of project documentation by harmonizing the different contributions coming from different members, including technical information
o Contribution to communication and dissemination activities (newsletters, articles, etc.) by extracting key information from the project progress and output
o Liaison between projects stakeholders and UITP members, in particular the rail-related UITP working bodies and support to the work of rail committees.
• Supporting UITP Association Budget and administration - coordination under the supervision of the Senior Director of Knowledge & Innovation Department
• Identification of new funding opportunities from European Union and other worldwide institutions and preparation of relative proposals
• Foster synergies between projects and UITP working bodies within the UITP Rail Unit, part of the Knowledge & Innovation Department: data research and analysis, work prioritisation, development of arguments and training material.
- University degree or equivalent
- Experience in management of EU R&I Projects
- Expertise/understanding of the urban rail transportation sector or experience in urban rail technical environment
- Knowledge of EU Rail policies (ERRAC, S2R…) and relative actors (institutions, industry, operators…) would be an asset
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills with capacity to produce and write reports
- Capability to work both in team but also autonomously with limited set of inputs
- IT literate
- Good relational competences (sense of listening, empathy, ability to handle conflict, team work)
- Sense of initiative, problems solving
UITP offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic and international environment and contacts with its members worldwide. The position might require some travels.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: 30 January 2019
Starting date: Early 2019
We look forward to hearing from you.