The Diploma Programme for Managers in Public Transport is an expert-level yearlong course composed of three modules in three different countries. It includes additional webinars organised between the classroom modules. The 2019-2020 edition will take place in Oslo in November, Beijing in March and Madrid in June.
- Broaden your knowledge and understanding of global mobility issues
- Gain an insight into the main challenges facing the sector
- Analyse and discuss the latest trends and developments in the sector with experienced public transport experts and professionals
- Develop your international network of professionals
- Facilitate exchange of experience with your peers
- Expert trainers with extensive experience in public transport management and operations from different regions of the world
- 3 interactive classroom modules with sharing of theory and practice
- Case study teaching and workshops organised in small groups on practical case studies and based on public transport facts and situations
- Local host sessions and site visits with focus on innovation in each city: presentations by local operators and authorities, discovery of network, visit of control rooms, depot and maintenance centres
- Webinar series with experts for each field
UITP Training Programmes and all related processes are certified for ISO29990:2010 – the standard for learning services for non-formal education and training.
- High-potential managers with daily responsibilities in administration, operation or maintenance
- Professionals looking to have a broader and international insight into the sector or who are new in public transport
- Applicants are persons eager to learn from others and share their knowledge and experience
- Staff from public transport operators, authorities and the industry worldwide
Webinar series to complement your knowledge
A series of webinars is organised to complement each module: one introductory webinar before the first module and several additional webinars throughout the course (including pre-defined and customised topics).
These additional sessions allow to gain more knowledge and to ensure a closer link between participants and with UITP between the modules.
Each webinar will be conducted by a different mobility expert who will address best practice cases and the most innovative topics matching the interests of participants.
Topics of webinars can include:
- Best practice on Strategic Urban Mobility Planning
- Best practice on Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) implementation
- Exploitation of data to increase efficiency
- Autonomous vehicles & connectivity:technology, regulation, impacts
- Mobility as a Service (MaaS): concept and practice
- Best practice on contract management, quality management & use of incentives
- Electric buses
- Ride sourcing/TNC & transport on demand
Participants recommend this programme
“A great opportunity to connect with peers on an international level, learn about the mobility characteristics of their cities and exchange knowledge with UITP experts in workshops and interactive tutorials.”
(Caroline Haseke, RATP Dev Transdev Asia - 2017-2018 edition)
"Excellent content, fabulous speakers and unforgettable moments experienced in this programme." (TMB, Barcelona)
“A very complete overview of what is existing and the future trends explained in a clear, simple, comprehensive & pragmatic way. Highlighting advantages and contra's for one mode or solution compared to its alternative(s).”
(Eric Vanderelst, MIVB-STIB - 2017-2018 edition)
“The course attracts participants with a wide range of expertise from different countries. This diversity and possibility to hear how things are done differently elsewhere is very inspiring.”
(Vojta Vlcek- Arriva - 2017-2018 edition)
"A comprehensive presentation of the stakes of public transport, including fruitful interactions with international peers and local insights from three networks abroad."
(Yannick Lannes, Transports Publics de la Région Lausannoise SA)
By clicking here you will discover some pictures of the previous editions.
Click on the training brochure to discover the full programme
Module 1: Policy, Planning, Regulation & Funding
Oslo, 18-20 November 2019
- Mobility trends and impact on public transport
- Integrated policies for sustainable urban mobility in cities
- Planning of public transport services
- Funding and financing public transport
- Regulatory frameworks and relations between operators and authorities
Module 2: Public Transport Modes and Modal Choice
Bus, Rail, LRT & New Mobility Services
Beijing, 30 March-1 April 2020
- Innovation in the bus sector and light rail systems
- Modal choice, mode typology & modal choice criteria
- Mass transit, automation and innnovation in rail
- Security in public transport
- New mobility services, shared transport, Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and integration with public transport
Module 3: Customer-oriented Management
Madrid, 22-24 June 2020
- Corporate management and business strategies
- Human resources management
- Marketing and communication
- Electronic ticketing
- Innovative travel information systems
Due to high demand, this programme is currently SOLD OUT! Join the waiting list and we will contact you should places become available. A new edition will start in the first half of 2020. Interested in joining the next edition? Simply join the waiting list by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation fees (3 modules + webinars)
|UNTIL 15/08/2019||AFTER 15/08/2019|
|Member||EUR 4,290||EUR 4,990|
|Non member||-||EUR 5,990|
VAT not applicable for this programme with the following exceptions:
21% VAT charge will be applied for companies based in member countries of the EU that do not provide / or do not have a VAT number.
21% VAT charge will be applied to companies based in Belgium with or without VAT number.
Participation fees include: participation to three training modules and training instruction, webinars, on-site visits in each city, welcome reception in each city, meals and coffee breaks as mentioned in the programme, all training material.
To ensure a fruitful exchange, the number of trainees is limited to approx. 30 persons. We accept maximum 2 persons per company. In case there are more persons of the same company interested, they will be put on the waiting list. Payment must be received at the latest 14 days after reception of the invitation to pay, after this your seat may not be guaranteed anymore.
- Any cancellation can be made free of charge but must be done in writing by 18 September.
- For any cancellation received after 18 September, UITP will charge 100% of the applicable registration fee. Even in case of no show, the full amount will have to be paid.
- You may nominate another person from the same organisation at any time without penalty but please communicate this in writing as well.
Terms and Conditions
Please download our Terms and Conditions here.
For more information, please contact:
Adrien Moulin, Manager
Phone: +32-2-433 31 54
E Mail: email@example.com
The first module in Oslo from 18 to 20 November 2019 is kindly hosted by RUTER
The second module in Beijing from 30 March to 1st April 2020 is kindly hosted by Beijing Public Transport Corporation
The third module in Madrid from 22 to 24 June 2020 is kindly hosted by Metro de Madrid and Consorcio de Transportes de Madrid