- Hong Kong
The Diploma Programme for Managers in Public Transport is an expert-level yearlong course composed of three modules in three different countries. It includes additional online sessions (e-learning) organised between the classroom modules and an urban mobility lab.The 2019 edition will take place in Hong Kong in April, Lisbon in June and Brussels in October.
- Broaden your knowledge and understanding of global mobility issues
- Gain an insight into the main challenges facing the sector
- Analyse and discuss the latest trends and developments in the sector with experienced public transport experts and professionals
- Develop your international network of professionals
- Facilitate exchange of experience with your peers
- Expert trainers with extensive experience in public transport management and operations from different regions of the world
- 3 Interactive classroom modules with sharing of theory and practice
- Dynamic workshops organised in small groups on practical case studies
- Local host sessions and site visits with focus on innovation in each city: presentations by local operators and authorities, discovery of network, visit of control rooms, depot and maintenance centres
- E-learning series with experts for each field
- Urban Mobility Lab: a group project on public transport and sustainable urban mobility to apply your learnings on a practical case study
- High-potential managers with daily responsibilities in administration, operation or maintenance
- Professionals looking to have a broader and international insight into the sector or who are new in public transport
- Applicants are persons eager to learn from others and share their knowledge and experience
- Staff from public transport operators, authorities and the industry
E-Learning series to complement your knowledge
E-learning series in the form of virtual classrooms are organised to complement each module: one introductory session before the first module and several additional virtual classroom sessions throughout the course (including pre-defined and customised topics).
These additional sessions allow to gain more knowledge and to ensure a closer link between participants and with UITP between the modules.
Each e-learning sesssion will be conducted by a different mobility expert who will address best practice cases and the most innovative topics matching the interests of participants.
Topics of the e-learning sessions can include:
- Best practice on Strategic Urban Mobility Planning
- Best practice on Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) implementation
- Exploitation of data to increase efficiency
- Autonomous vehicles & connectivity:technology, regulation, impacts
- Mobility as a Service (MaaS): concept and practice
- Best practice on contract management, quality management & use of incentives
- Electric buses
- Ride sourcing/TNC & transport on demand
Join our Urban Mobility Lab
The Urban Mobility Lab provides a unique opportunity to reflect on the key transport challenges and opportunities of a fictional city case. Composed of different stages throughout the course, it allows participants to:
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the transport problems of a city today
- Develop in small groups a (mini) Urban Mobility Action Plan
- Think through its implementation and the design of a service contract
This exercise requires from participants to reflect on the different transport policy approaches, consider the right stakeholder mix, identify concrete activities and anticipate results and feasibility.
Combine this diploma programme with the UITP International Bus Conference in 2019
The Graduation Ceremony will take place at the UITP International Bus Conference.
Participants recommend this programme
“A great opportunity to connect with peers on an international level, learn about the mobility characteristics of their cities and exchange knowledge with UITP experts in workshops and interactive tutorials.”
(Caroline Haseke, RATP Dev Transdev Asia - 2017-2018 edition)
“A very complete overview of what is existing and the future trends explained in a clear, simple, comprehensive & pragmatic way. Highlighting advantages and contra's for one mode or solution compared to its alternative(s).”
(Eric Vanderelst, MIVB-STIB - 2017-2018 edition)
“The course attracts participants with various expertise from different countries. This diversity and possibility to hear how things are done differently elsewhere is very inspiring.”
(Vojta Vlcek- Arriva - 2017-2018 edition)
Click on the training brochure to discover the full programme
Module 1: Policy & Planning, Regulation, Funding
Hong Kong, 8-10 April 2019
- Mobility trends and impact on public transport
- Delivering sustainable development through public transport
- Integrated policies for sustainable urban mobility
- Funding and financing public transport
- Regulatory frameworks and relations between operators and authorities
Module 2: Public Transport Modes and Modal Choice
Bus, Rail, LRT & New Mobility Services
Lisbon, 24-26 June 2019
- Innovation in the bus sector and light rail systems
- BRT vs LRT: Advantages and drawbacks
- Automation and innnovation in metros
- Security in public transport
- New mobility services, shared transport, Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and integration with public transport
Module 3: Customer-oriented Management
Brussels, 18-20 October 2019
- Corporate management and business strategies
- Human resources management
- Marketing and communication
- Electronic ticketing
- Travel information
Registration Deadline: 15 March 2019
Participation fees (3 modules + e-learning series)
|UNTIL 08/01/2019||AFTER 08/01/2019|
|Member||EUR 4,290||EUR 4,990|
|Non member||-||EUR 5,990|
VAT not applicable for this programme with the following exceptions:
21% VAT charge will be applied for companies based in member countries of the EU that do not provide / or do not have a VAT number.
21% VAT charge will be applied to companies based in Belgium with or without VAT number.
Participation fees include: participation to three training modules and training instruction, e-learning series, on-site visits in each city, welcome reception in each city, meals and coffee breaks as mentioned in the programme, all training material.
To ensure a fruitful exchange, the number of trainees is limited to 30 persons. We accept maximum 2 persons per company. In case there are more persons of the same company interested, they will be put on the waiting list. Payment must be received at the latest 14 days after reception of the invitation to pay, after this your seat may not be guaranteed anymore.
- Any cancellation can be made free of charge but must be done in writing by 8 February.
- For any cancellation received after 8 February, UITP will charge 100% of the applicable registration fee. Even in case of no show, the full amount will have to be paid.
- You may nominate another person from the same organisation at any time without penalty but please communicate this in writing as well.
Terms and Conditions
Please download our Terms and Conditions here.
For more information, please contact:
Adrien Moulin, Manager
Phone: +32-2-433 31 54
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org