The June issue of EU-Express is out!
This monthly newsletter covers public transport news and updates from a European perspective. You will find below the contents of this fourth edition.
NEWS FROM UITP
- 2nd European Electromobility Stakeholder Forum
- Waterborne transport: novelty player or smart transport solution?
- Urban light rail: How much energy does it really consume?
- UITP takes stock of EU election results
- UITP highlights the importance of national transport policies for urban transport at ITF summit
- Support the UITP Declaration on Climate Leadership
- The benefits of Open Data
- UITP contributes to the European Commission consultation on the future of VAT
- WHO report: poor air quality among the biggest risks to health
- Moving Together, the European Mobility Conference 2014
NEWS FROM OUR MEMBERS
- Siemens modernises signaling equipment for Vienna's U4 metro line
- Alstom participates in the European PROTECTRAIL security programme
- Keolis and Go-Ahead win the largest rail franchise in the UK
- London: Annual passenger journeys on buses top 2.4 billion
- London Underground unveils new boarding ramps for a more accessible Tube
- Helsinki incentivises reduction of exhaust emissions in its public bus fleet
- Germany: light-weight high-speed train concept developed
- Prague metro celebrates 40 years
- UK: Mobile phones are just the ticket for First customers
- Paris: Artwork for the future Pont Cardinet metro station
NEWS FROM THE EU INSTITUTIONS
- EIB and Marseille sign €135m high-quality, sustainable public transport financing agreement
- Take part in the EIP on Smart Cities and Communities
- Conference: legal clarity for enhanced efficiency of public transport
- Cities with outstanding approaches to sustainable mobility can apply for Civitas Awards
- European Commission evaluates the benefits of sustainable urban mobility measures
- Report: challenges and barriers to sustainable transport systems
To read the newsletter, click here.
You will soon be able to subscribe to our newsletters via MyUITP. In the meantime, please send an email to europe(at)uitp.org in order to be added to the mailing list.