It’s time to say goodbye to 2017 and hello to a fresh new year with UITP! What’s the best way to prepare yourself for a successful year of networking, expanding your knowledge and growing your business? By marking your 2018 calendar with the exciting events and opportunities provided by UITP this year!
Highlights for 2018 include new editions of some of our biggest events: IT-TRANS, the MENA Transport Congress and Exhibition, and SITCE.
The IT-TRANS 2018 event will take place in Karlsruhe, Germany, from 6-8 March. The leading conference in the exchange and advancement of IT solutions in public transport focuses on ‘smart travellers in smart systems’, with the concept of an integrated urban mobility system at the centre of discussion. This is the public transport event on digitalisation, so you won’t want to miss it. Register now!
This year’s MENA Transport Congress and Exhibition in Dubai, UAE, from 23-25 April 2018, also promises to bring forward key trends affecting the public transport sector, with the theme ‘Pioneering for customer happiness’. Organised by UITP and Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), this edition will be an ideal opportunity for you to get insights on the latest developments in the region, make new contacts and nurture existing business links. Register before 15 January to save 25%!
The third edition of LTA-UITP Singapore International Transport Congress and Exhibition (SITCE) will return from 9-11 July 2018. For this edition, UITP’s established International Rail Conference will be fully integrated within the event. Themed ‘People at the heart of digital railways’, the event will host technical tours and various networking sessions for participants to share knowledge and learn more about the latest technologies affecting rail.
Set yourself up for a fantastic year in 2018 and read our list of upcoming events, trainings and activities below! Stay tuned on the calendar of events page.
• Event for high level executives: UITP CEO Forum of PT and Chambers of Commerce: Public Transport and Business, Empowering our Cities (by invitation) | Brussels, Belgium | 24 – 25 January
• Advocacy Event: UITP Europe Autonomous vehicles: what impact on European cities? (by invitation) | Brussels, Belgium | 25 January
• Special Event: UITP New Year Reception 2018 (by invitation) | Brussels, Belgium | 25 January
• Seminar: UITP MENA & Sub-Sahara Africa Seminar: "Promoting public transport through effective policies and innovations" | Casablanca, Morocco | 31 January
• Training: Tendering and Contracting of Public Transport Services | Berlin, Germany | 19 – 21 February
• Training: Public Transport Fundamentals | Melbourne, Australia | 20 – 22 February
• Training: Capacity Building Programme: Leaders in Urban Transport (in collaboration with World Bank Group) | Dubai, UAE | 25 February – 1 March
• Training: Electric buses | Marseille, France | 26 – 28 February
• International Conference and Exhibition: IT-TRANS 2018 "Intelligent Urban Transport Systems" | Karlsruhe, Germany | 6 – 8 March
• Training: Managers in Taxi Transport | Dubai/Ajman, UAE | 11 – 13 March
• Training: Bus Procurement, Maintenance & Asset Management | Singapore, Singapore | 14 – 16 March
• Training: Emergency Preparedness and Crisis Management | Munich, Germany | 19 – 21 March
• Event for high level executives: UITP Latin America CEOs Round table: New era for innovative businesses (by invitation) | Sao Paolo, Brazil | 21 March
• Regional Conference: UITP Latin America ITS Seminar and Technical Visit: Open Data and Digitalisation | Sao Paolo, Brazil | 21 – 23 March
• Assembly: UITP Asia Pacific Assembly (by invitation) | Taipei, Taiwan | 29 – 30 March
• Training: Bus Operations Planning, Scheduling and Execution | Hamburg, Germany | 16 – 18 April
• R&I Event: IT2Rail final event | Vienna, Austria | 18 April
• Regional Congress and Exhibition: MENA Transport Congress & Exhibition: "Pioneering for Customer Happiness" | Dubai, UAE | 23 – 25 April
• R&I Event: ELIPTIC (Electrification of Public Transport in Cities) final event | Bremen, Germany | 26 – 27 April
• Training: Public Transport Fundamentals | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | 3 – 5 May
• Training: Quality and Service Excellence (in collaboration with EU Business School) | Munich, Germany | 14 – 16 May
• Assembly: UITP Organising Authorities Assembly (by invitation) | Gothenburg, Sweden | 28 – 29 May
• Training: Mobility as a Service (MaaS) | Vienna, Austria | 28 – 30 May
• Training: Travel Information Design, Signage and Wayfinding | Paris, France | 25 – 27 June
• Training: Tendering and Contracting of Public Transport Services | Istanbul, Turkey | 25 – 27 June
• Training: Electric Buses | Cologne, Germany | 2 – 4 July
• International Conference and Exhibition: LTA-UITP Singapore International Transport Congress & Exhibition (SITCE) - Rail edition | Singapore | 9 – 11 July
• Training: Electric Buses | China | September