Our vision is to enhance the quality of life in urban areas worldwide by supporting, promoting and advancing public transport. The UITP Awards have been established to highlight some of the great work being done in our sector in line with achieving this vision.
UITP Awards 2019
The UITP Awards showcase ambitious and innovative public transport projects undertaken in the last two years in cities and regions around the world. These should position public transport as the backbone of urban and local mobility solutions.
These Awards aim to recognise projects submitted by UITP members. In exceptional circumstances, outstanding applications from non-UITP members may be considered. Please read the Terms & Conditions below for more information about your eligibility.
The list of finalists for the UITP Awards 2019 is available here.
Categories and criteria: 2019
For the 2019 edition, UITP has selected the following Award categories:
1. Design processes and products
2. Diversity and inclusion
3. Marketing campaign
4. Multimodal integration
5. Operational and technological excellence
6. Public and urban transport strategy
7. Smart funding, financing and business models
8. Young researchers
9. Special recognitions
The UITP Award categories recognise and reward ambitious and innovative practices in five key dimensions that companies and organisations need to address to put in place sustainable urban and local mobility systems.
• Innovation: The novelty of an idea, taking into consideration the urban/social dimension of transport, digitalisation, energy efficiency and entrepreneurship
• Contribution: Assisting the sector ambition of increasing the public transport market share worldwide
• Transferability: The potential for the project to be replicated in another city/region
• Partnership: Formal or informal consortia of partners and stakeholders that jointly submit an application, demonstrating an integrated approach to mobility issues
• Relevance to the specific Award Category
This year, the UITP Awards Programme is organised with the kind support of Dubai Road and Transport Authority (RTA).
The Call for Submissions is now closed. The evaluation of the project submissions and deliberation of the jury will be held until 18 April and the winners will be informed in May.
In line with previous editions, winners will be awarded during the Awards Ceremony of the UITP Summit in Stockholm on 12 June.
For the valuable recognition of an international audience and visibility of the excellent work done by your organisation in the field of sustainable urban transport.
The winners and finalists will be able to present their award-winning projects in Poster Sessions which will take place at the Summit.
Winners will also have the benefit of a discounted ticket rate for the UITP Summit on the day of the Awards Ceremony, or for the whole Summit.
How to apply?
Please note, for an application to be considered, one member from the company MUST be registered to the event.
• UITP is offering a reduced rate to the Summit for this
• Once you submit the application, you will receive an email with the code
Note: There is no template required for your submission. You will only need to answer the specific questions asked about your project on the submission portal.
Read our official Terms & Conditions before submitting an application!
Find out more here about the finalists of the UITP AWARDS 2019!
Please contact Indira.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.