The December issue of EU-Express newsletter is out!
This monthly newsletter covers public transport news and updates from a European perspective. You will find below the content of the 19th issue.
WELCOME WORDS FROM THE CHAIRMAN
NEWS FROM UITP
- UITP welcomes opportunity for further rail investments in Europe
- UITP-EPTO-EMTA react on the general approach on the Fourth Railway Package Market Pillar adopted by the Council
- UITP and EPF support the need to invest in transport infrastructure
- Public Transport's climate action efforts recognised at COP21
- Anti-Terrorism security resources available from UITP
- UITP and major stakeholders express their need to deploy CBTC with protected frequency channels
- Electro-mobility is key to decarbonise Europe's Transport sector within the Energy Union
- The liberalisation of city and rail transport in Europe: where do we stand?
- IT-TRANS 2016: All you need to know
- A detailed picture of the European Regional and Suburban Railways
- ELIPTIC holds partener meeting and local workshops in Leipzig and Eberswalde
- ZeEUS demo launch event in London: Cleaner double deckers in the streets of London
NEWS FROM EUROPEAN INSTITUTIONS
- EP: TRAN Committee adopts its opinion "Towards a Digital Single Market Act"
- Fourth Railway Package Technical Pillar is approved by the TRAN Committee
- Hearing on "Contribution of the transport system to the EU's objectives on climate energy"
- Study: Greenhouse gas and air pollutant emissions from EU Transport
- EP: Presentation of a study on railway infrastructure financing
- EU Transport scoreboard shows transport is improving in the Member States
- Commission refers Austria, Germany, Finland and Poland to the Court of Justice of the EU for failing to correctly transpose EU rules on driving licences
- EU Commission proposes to make products and services, including transport, more accessible to the disabled persons
NEWS FROM OUR MEMBERS
- "Damit Deutschland Vorne Bleibt" - An initiative to encourage the investments in infrastructure in Germany
To read the newsletter, click HERE
If you want to register for this newsletter, please log in your MyUITP account