At UITP, we recognize that the ongoing Covid-19 crisis generates suffering and disruption among providers, users and authorities dealing with the informal transport sector. This raises the question of governance and regulation of this sector.
Examining what it will take to transform the sector, in this second edition of the Informal Transport webinar series organised by UITP and SSATP/World Bank, discussions will focus on: (i) the key factors of success to formalize informal transport and (ii) the significant role that can be played by authorities in this transformation process.
The webinar will address the following questions among others:
- What are the expected gains from formalizing the informal sector?
- What are the key factors of success and failure to formalize the informal sector?
- What framework should be implemented by Authorities to facilitate this process?
- How could a project to set up a BRT contribute to transform the informal sector?
- How to imply new mobility services and providers?
This webinar in English will last 100 minutes.