- Saudi Arabia
8:30 – 9:00 Registration and Welcome Coffee
9:00 – 9:45 Opening Ceremony
- H.E. Dr. Rumaih Al Rumaih, President, Public Transport Authority, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Khalid ALHOGAIL, Chairman UITP MENA, MD & CEO SAPTCO, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Keynote Speech: Mohammed MEZGHANI, Secretary General UITP, Brussels, Belgium
- Sponsors Recognition
9:45 – 10:30 Division updates 2017 – 2018
- Achievement in 2017 – 2018 and plan for 2019- 2020, Ayman SMADI, Director of UITP MENA & CTE, Dubai, UAE
- Introduction of the 2019-2021 UITP MENA Executive Board
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:30 Saudi Public Transport: Project Updates
Several major public transport initiatives are underway in Saudi Arabia, including mega public transport projects in Riyadh. This major transformation provides an international showcase and had to be supported by a progressive vision, effective policy, adaptable regulations, and of course funding.
Chair: Dr. Abdulaziz ALOHALY, Former President of Saudi Arabia Public Transport Authority and Former Chair of UITP MENA Division
- Public Transport in Saudi Arabia, Meshaal ALGURAISHI, Civil Engineer, Planning and Development Sector, Public Transport Authority, Riyadh, KSA
- Haramain High Speed Railway Project, Rayan ALHARBI, HHR Operation and Maintenance Director, Saudi Railway Company (SAR), Riyadh, KSA
- Riyadh Mass Transit Project, Hasan ALMOUSA, Assistant Director of Transportation Planning Department, Arriyadh Development Authority, Riyadh, KSA
- Jeddah Mass Transit Project, Dr. Osama ABDOUH, CEO, Metro Jeddah Company, Jeddah, KSA
- Makkah Mass Transit Project, Abdullah ALMARSHAD, Chief Engineering and Technical Officer, and Mohammed Noor SAIT, Assistant Manager of Service Planning and Bus Scheduling, Makkah Mass Rail Transit Company, Jeddah, KSA
- Transportation to and from the Holy Mosque during Ramadan and Hajj, Dr. Salah SAGR, Secretary General, High Commission for Monitoring the Transportation of Pilgrims, Makkah, KSA
12:30 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00- 15:00 Changing Landscape of Urban Mobility
Public transport is now more than a traditional alternative to respond to growing traffic congestion, but rather an integral part of urban development. Mobilizing the economy, improving urban life, and protecting the environment, this is an exciting time for public transport. Innovation, new players, and more emphasis on customer expectations are shaping public transport services of the future.
Chair: Jerome POURBAIX, Senior Director Global Growth, UITP, Brussels, Belgium
- Ride-hailing and ride-sharing: the global picture, Kaan YILDIZGOZ, Senior Director – Membership, Marketing & Services, UITP, Brussels, Belgium
- Win-win with TNCs: Lessons Learned from Dubai, Mohammad ALMULLA, Member of the Board of Directors, RTA, Dubai, UAE
- Promote Routing Apps as part of Integrated Mobility, Abdulmajeed ALTASSAN, Assisting Vice President for Land Transport Development and Quality Assurance, Public Transport Authority, Riyadh, KSA
15:00 – 16:00 How to make it work?
For public transport to deliver on its promises, it requires some key ingredients: political will, proper organization, and capacity building, to the most obvious, sustainable financing. International best practices emphasize how a transport authority provides the foundation for the success of public transport.
Chair: Dr. Tammam NAKKASH, Managing Partner, Team International, Beirut, Lebanon
- Organizing for successful delivery, Jamil MUJAHED, Land Transport Advisor, Public Transport Authority, Riyadh, KSA
- Developments in Maghreb, Nabil BELABED, Director General, CASA Transports SA, Casablanca, Morocco
- New tools for financing, Jerome POURBAIX, Senior Director Global Growth, UITP, Brussels, Belgium
- KSA Fare Policy and Its Impact on Public Transport, Dr. Ahmad AL-AKHRAS, Transport Planning Advisor, Public Transport Authority, Riyadh, KSA
- How does Dubai do it? Abdulaziz MALIK, Advisor, CEO Office, Strategy &Corporate Governance Sector, Road and Transport Authority, Dubai, UAE
16:00 – 16:30 Wrap up and Closing
16:30 – 18:30 Technical Visit: Haramain High Speed Railway
The Ritz-Carlton, Jeddah
Address: Al Hamra District, Southern Corniche, Jeddah 21493
Phone: +966 12 231 4444
Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah Al Salam,
Single standard room SAR 496.13 inclusive of all applicable taxes.
Double standard room SAR 606.38 inclusive of all applicable taxes.
Transportation from Radisson Blu to Ritz Carlton and back will be provided .
Event & Training Manager UITP MENA Office
Phone: +971 544113471
Please send us all request for Visa assistance by 27th January.
For Visa information please contact
Office Assitant UITP MENA Office
Phone: +9714 2905584