Module 1 – Fundamentals of Public Transport Security
This module provides the basic foundation of public transport security know-how. It gives an overview of:
- Security concepts and relevant threats and assets in public transport;
- Risk assessment principles for crime and terrorism-related challenges
- Emergency preparedness and incident management
Participants will be familiarized with the basic plans and concepts that need to be set and benefit from international best practice case studies illustrating robust approaches from public transport operators worldwide.
Module 2 –Public Transport Security in practice
This module provides operational know-how for common public transport security challenges. It gives an overview of:
- Security audits and available safeguards;
- Principles of crowd management and the organization of large events;
- An available course on counter terrorism awareness for field staff.
Participants will be involved in a table-top exercise simulating a realistic incident scenario and learn to understand their role within a crisis response organization, to take decisions under stress and to continuously re-evaluate the situation as the events unfold.
Module 3 –Advanced concepts in public transport security
This module looks into supporting tools and principles to ensure the customer focus of public transport security. It addresses:
- The role and opportunities of CCTV technology;
- Basic principles of staff recruitment and training, including insider threat concerns;
- The balance between security and customer service
- Lessons learned so far from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
Participants will also receive and overview of lessons learned so far from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.