ARCADE - Aligning Research & Innovation for Connected and Automated Driving in Europe
ARCADE is a project that coordinates consensus-building across stakeholders for a harmonised deployment of Connected, Cooperative and Automated Driving (CAD). ARCADE supports the commitment of the European Commission, the European Member States and the industry to develop a common approach to development, testing, validation and deployment of CAD in Europe and beyond.
The ARCADE project will run for three years and aims to establish a joint stakeholders forum in order to coordinate and harmonise automated road transport approaches at European (e.g. strategic alignment of national action plans for automated driving) and international level (in particular with the US and Japan). Towards this objective, ARCADE will organise the Second European CAD conference in 2019 and is open to associated partners beyond the confinements of the consortium.
Project objectives are:
- Cooperation between all CAD stakeholders (e.g. industry, research, member states, European Commission and international partners) from the different sectors (e.g. automotive, infrastructure, ICT and service provisions)
- Coordination of cooperation efforts between all programmes, initiatives and projects, including national and European research programmes as well international cooperation activities
- Exchange of knowledge, lessons and experiences from past and ongoing activities at national, European and international level
- Consensus building on CAD deployment scenarios and research needs for connected and automated driving
Within the project, UITP will support the coordinaton of the Joint CAD Network to create a roadmap for CAD in Europe. Also UITP will act as coordinator of the services-related thematic areas and as leader of the “New mobility services and Public Transport” thematic area. UITP will also support the coordination of the CAD knowledge base, and will act as member of the ARCADE Executive Board.
- Duration: October 2018 - October 2021
- Budget: €2.4m
- Coordinator: ERTICO – ITS Europe
- Partners: APTIV, austriatech, BMW Group, BOSCH, CLEPA, FCA, DLR, FiA, ICCS, Applus IDIADA, RWTH Aachen University, IRU, University of Leeds, RDW, Groupe Renault, Rijkswaterstaat, SAFER, TNO, UITP, Institut Vedecom, VOLVO, VTT
Contact: Guido Di Pasquale